It sure is heartwarming to receive a nomination for the Liebster Blog Award by Danielle at Living in Sin.
The last time I received this nomination was from Expat Adventures in Singapore. The criteria for this award seems to have expanded, making it more fun!
As I compose this blog, I find that I have been nominated by another fellow blogger, Singapore Actually, and I will answer her questions in a separate blog. On top of this I am meant to nominate eleven other blogs, who have since been nominated by others.
Here are the rules:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. I've decided not to nominate as above.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!”
- Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers (don’t think I’m quite following this rule though)
11 random facts about me:
- I was born and raised in New Zealand
- Singapore is my first overseas experience
- I have recently been to London & Paris
- I can speak and understand Cantonese
- We had a pet dog called Bailey, named after my favourite drink
- I don't like to show my emotions. I keep it under lock and key
- I am an only child
- I love a good mince & cheese pie (hard to find in Singapore)
- I am fascinated by crime. I like to watch CSI and try and solve crimes before the actors do.
- I've always wanted to be a forensic photographer, but the reality of it kinda freaks me out.
- I love watching thriller movies. For example, The Grudge, Nightmare on Elm Street, you get the picture.
Now to answer the 11 questions Danielle has given me to answer:
1. What is your favourite thing about the place where you live?
Singapore has great food and great public transport system.
2. If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
I'm not really sure on this one. Probably a dog. Only cause I like dogs.
3. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life (ie. a cuisine like Thai or Italian), what would it be?
French food. Having just recently visited Paris, I love Foie Gras and their bread (croissant).
4. What is your one place you love so much you actually wouldn't want to share it with people?
Queenstown (New Zealand) is a tranquil place, which is like paradise.
5. What is your favourite song and why?
I listen to all sorts of music from rock, pop, easy listening to dance and trance. The song rolling around in my head at the moment is Sherry, by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
6. Do you have any odd fears? (e.g. mine is those statue people, the ones with the metallic painted faces)
I don't think this is odd, but I have a fear of spiders and cockroaches - ewww!!!
7. What is your favourite thing you own?
This would have to be a ring passed on to me by my Mum!
8. Tell me your best joke
This isn't a joke really, but here goes.
What you doing in the UK?
Oh, you are going to be a lawyer.
Sorry, but you have to experience Singaporeans and the way they speak to appreciate this.
9. Cats or dogs? Or something else?
Definitely dogs. Cats are a no-no for me cause I'm allergic to them.
10. What small seemingly insignificant thing makes you happy?
Time alone with my husband, be it at home in front of the TV or brunch together at a cafe.
11. What is the one "old fashioned" thing you would like to make a come back?
Manners, manners, manners. A simple "please" or "thank you" doesn't hurt to say!
I'm not going to nominate anyone, since the blogs I wanted to nominate have already been nominated - I'll hope you'll forgive me.