Another 8-hour day started with a quick tour to the famous Penang Clock Tower, City Hall, Yap Temple, Hock Teik Cheng Sin Temple.
We then headed to a tour of Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (the Blue Mansion). It is situated in the heart of George Town on a magnificent 56,000 sq ft site. Built in the 1880's, it wasn't until after the death of Cheong Fatt Tze in 1916, restoration works began in 1991 after a group of Penang conservationists purchased the house after the death of Cheong Fatt Tze's last son in 1989. Unfortunately pictures were forbidden inside the mansion.
Our next stop was the Pinang Peranakan Mansion (the Green Mansion), it was originally the home of Kapitan Chung Keng Kwee, leader of the Penang and Perak Hai San groups in the Larut Wars from 1860 to 1884. The mansion was built at the end of the 19th century.
PART EIGHT can be found HERE.
Post a Comment