We had a My Curry Rulz cook-off about a couple of months ago. Here is a picture blog showing what went down.
- There were 12 people in attendance, with 6 who cooked different curry dishes.
- There were no set rules prior to the event
- We ended up putting 6 names on paper. The people who didn't cook drew the names out of a hat to decide the order of the tasting (as in the order of the pictures below).
1. K's curry. A dry Chicken Rendang with Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Ginger, various other spices and a splash of coconut milk.
2. L made two curry dishes
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Lemongrass and Aubergines (her official entry)
- Chicken dish with Mushrooms and loads of Ginger for those who didn't like spicy food.
3. J's curry. Traditional Singaporean Chicken Curry with Potatoes.
4. D's Curry. Chicken Thai Penang, topped with sliced Red Chilli, Thai Basil Leaves and Sliced Kaffir Lime Leaves and drizzled with Coconut Cream.
5. G went way out of his way to impress. He made four curries and a sambal.
- Seafood Curry, which was full of Prawns, Squid and Fish (his official entry)
- Cashew Nut and Pea Curry
- Sri Lankan Dhal
- Beetroot Curry (which was surprisingly yummy)
6. Last but no least, M's curry. He also had two entries.
Last contestant was M, and he also had two entries!
- Pork Amok (which we nicknamed Ang Mo Pok Amok)
- North Indian Chicken Curry (his official entry)
The winner of My Curry Rulz was L, with her delicious Thai Green Chicken Curry. This was her prize:
Can't wait until the next 'My Curry Rulz' cook-off!!!
Post a Comment